With proper Ice Slicer application, plow drivers are able to service 40-100% more lane miles/truckload than with using white salt. This generates some significant snow fighting advantages:
- Ability to clear critical primary roads much faster
- Leverage to reach secondary and tertiary roads that plows would not have time to get to using white salt
- An increase in safe roads, which translates into a reduction of delays, crashes, injuries and fatalities
- Lower salt volumes required per storm equates to a savings in deicer procurement
- Measurable savings on fuel consumption per storm
- More savings due to less wear & tear on vehicles and equipment because of a reduction in mileage to fight each storm
- With 40-100% fewer chlorides on the roads, corrosion-effects are significantly minimized. Longer service-life from vehicles, equipment, bridges, guardrails, etc. greatly lowers winter road maintenance budgets.